Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Biblio-Caveat # 1

Dear Bibliophiles
I really appreciate Sugato's and all your concerns about hosting copyrighted materials on this forum. I have removed the Tintin link as of now. But then we need to see whether sites like the Tintin url fall under copy right infringement or not. As far as my knowledge goes copy right for a certain work is only infringed if the copy of the same is maintained/stored/saved in our hard discs. I would urge associates to recall the incident regarding the online illegal version of the latest title from Harry Porter stable were stored by some associates in their hard disc after they received it in their subsequent mails. But if the matter exists online and is easily accessible to the public domain, I guess no one can blame us (in TCS) for breaking any security policy.
Regards
Indranil
A Bibliophile

No comments: