Thursday, October 13, 2005

Forthcoming Attraction - 2

(Continued from Forthcoming Attraction - 1 post)
There are different ways to express ones thoughts. Some one will write them in a personal diary, some will try out the motley of forums that they are part of. But some one like me, who is a self professed extrovert, will not need any medium at all. Many a times I have seen that if you can express your feelings with sufficient clarity, you are going to be accepted on face value more often than not. So, after the love letter incident at such a tender age, I started learning the ropes in the art of flirting. The learning curve was froth with danger without any iota of doubt. Girls are like switches with an auto on and off button. That’s what I understood. The same sentence "You are looking great in this outfit" can bring around two diametrically opposite reactions. So while expressing one’s thought to the female species one needs to be not only aware about his position, but also the get up and the nature of the girl as well. Other wise the reception for ones overtures can lead to one mental and sometimes physical disintegration. Moreover there should not be any role for heart as well. It is not for nothing that Flirting is called a connoisseurs’ art.
So moving ahead when I expressed to Neepa my inability to commit nuptial ties with her after around a year of affair, I almost hoped that she will understand and will settle the matter amicably. I guess I was totally wrong on this count. And now here I am looking helplessly at a crying woman. And I have almost nothing to do.
The only hitch I am facing in consenting to Neepa’s Marriage proposal is that I am NOT READY at all to leave my life and image of a Casanova. People might think that I am a very bad man like Gulshan Grover. But then, how can take upon a commitment on me for which I am not ready at all? Neepa, Shall I drop you home? I asked. No reply. Neepa, Please try and understand, I like you but then I am not in a mental position to become your partner. In fact I am not even thinking in those lines. Go Away!! She blurts out. Go Away?? Leaving you here crying and its coming to 8 PM and this area is anything but safe for you, I advised. Again it is no reply. From the corner of my eyes I can see two constables were looking at us with scrutiny in their eyes. I was becoming a bit apprehensive now. Then I dropped my guard and ultimately put my hands on her head. She smelled great with her Dolce perfume. I lowered my head a bit and whispered in her ears. Neepa, I will try and see that you and I be together. Give me some time and then we will surely come out of this. Right now, if we together continue looking so distraught, we may as well invite some un-wanted attention as well. Like an artist who knows when to call it a day, I also knew that this gesture of mine will surely calm her and make her a little receptive to my ideas. I have slowly started guiding her towards my standing vehicle and once there ushered her in. We never had any more talks till I reached her house. Once out of the vehicle, I have seen her enter thru the front gates of her apartment building. Satisfied, just as I was going to turn the ignition key, I saw her face on my wind screen. The only thing she was able to shout was Good Bye and GET LOST!!! I gave a sorry look as I knew well not to react under circumstances and exited.
While taking a turn near Deshapriya Park, suddenly my cell started ringing. I saw the caller id. Hi Sarmila!! What’s up? Abhi, you have no right to make someone so sad. You are a sick man. It sounded like a shriek from the other end. It was Sarmila my colleague who actually got me and Neepa together. Neepa is some sort of sister of her. Cool down, lady!! I said. What happened? Now Abhi, don’t act smart. I would have never ever let you go near Neepa, if I have known your ways. She said. Sarmila is a colleague and quite an important one at that. I really cannot afford to make her go mad. I parked my car near the Priya Cinema. See Sarmila, I said, I have never told Neepa that I am going to ditch her. I like her very much. I have also asked for some time from her to put more thought on this issue. I think we can talk about this in the office tomorrow or any other place that you might find convenient. Fine! We will talk about this the first thing in the Morning. She said and disconnected. Life is becoming a bit interesting and they say correctly that there are some things that you cannot just keep your attention away from.
I reached office next day at 9 am sharp. My office is the one just near Florence Nursing Home in Shakespeare Sarani. Sitting in my cubicle, I was browsing thru my mails, when I suddenly came across this memo from my superior. It was speaking about diminishing sales in North Bengal. And something needs to be done about it asap. It was November end and my boss wants me to visit personally the Jalpaiguri and Darjeeling Districts to make sure that we meet our sales figures for the third quarter ending on December. I was contemplating the matter in the mail, when my extension phone started its shrill buzz. Looking at the incoming message displayed on its LCD I can understand that the call is from Sarmila, who have come to office earlier to catch me by my neck for my mis-deeds. Keeping the phone ringing I used my cell to connect my boss on his mobile and got his permission for my North Bengal Tour. Then after letting the phone for almost three minutes I picked it up. Sorry Sarmila!! I said. I was on a call with Mr. Das. He had told me to get packing just now and start on a tour to North Bengal. I did not even give her the time to even solicit a meeting. Amidst her exasperated buts and ifs I disconnected and went strait to the Travel Dept to arrange an e-ticket for a flight to Bagdogra Airport. After making all necessary arrangements I left office by 10 am and started towards home. With a crooked smile on my lips and my e-ticket in my breast pocket, I was reveling in the way that I have been able to dodge the prickly issue of my latest exploits. ( To be Continued..)

2 comments:

Ananyaz said...

Good goin Indranil...wonder what the climax will be like !

Ananyaz said...

Good goin Indranil...wonder what the climax will be like !